Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What do you want?

Yesterday I spent a wonderful day with a friend from the East Coast. She was visiting her family that is in the Northwest and wanted to catch up since I had not see her since I left in June. We worked together and shared a very similar path in the Berkshires. This friend left a few weeks after I did and returned to her home on the East Coast.

Yesterday we sat at looked at the water while we chatted about life. She was just what I needed. The last few weeks have been good but I have also been in a funk. School is going really well and I have my next classes picked out. But in other area's of my life I have just been down. My friend gave me a suggestion on how to approach the day. She made me realize that I was getting lost in the overwhelming big stuff and forgetting about the little things that are more important. She suggested I wake up every morning and think about what I want for that day. Nothing more. Just "what do I want for the day"?

So this morning I woke up and thought about what I wanted for this day. It was easier than I thought it would be and it did bring a level of peace I have not felt in a long time. I have my day planned and I feel good about it. I can now move forward without feeling overwhelmed.

I also realized while talking with my friend that I am not visualizing what I want in life. I used to be so good at thinking things into my life and seeing manifestations all around me. But somehow after being sick and recovering I lost my desire to dream. I lost my creative way. I lost my direction. So starting today when I think of even the smallest desire that I would like to bring into my life I am going to write it down. This will gradually over time provide me with a larger picture of what direction I want to take. It will also provide insight that I may not be seeing into my life. But more importantly it just sounds fun to me. And while being creative with the larger picture things I can keep asking myself.... What do I want with today?

No comments: