Monday, December 01, 2014

Peaceful Holiday

I read a quote this weekend from the Desire Map that blew me away

We create wellness or dysfunction in our lives by how we go about getting our needs met.  Pg. 58 The Desire Map

I have been turning this quote over in my mind over the last few days in Joy.   I no longer have dysfunction in my life, just wellness but it explains so much of my past.  And brings  Joy and understanding to how I navigated my youth and why.  
I spent the long weekend in peace.  I did not make many plans because I just wanted to be present with myself.  I am working on some writing projects and I wanted to spend my weekend exactly how I wanted to spend it.   It was the best weekend I have had in a long time.  I feel refreshed and centered. 

2015 marks a turning point for me in so many ways.  I can feel this big change happening and I have no idea how to explain it.  It’s like nothing I have ever felt in my life.  The only other time I felt close to this way was when I moved to NYC at 21.  Life is about to change in a very big way and I am so ready for this change.  It has already started.  The closer I get to 2015 the further away from the mess and darkness I feel.  I am excited to see what will happen.  

So far the change has included:
-          A loss of 30 pounds
-          A cozy new home
-          Blonde hair

-          A sense of peace and confidence 

No comments: