Sunday, April 05, 2009

Booked a flight back East

I just booked my first flight back to the East Coast since my injury! I am so excited to get out of town for a few days and see my family. I have been craving Virginia and the summertime green for the last few months and I can't wait to experience it.

I am a little worried about the trip and the flight but I just need to remember to take it slow. Everyday will be a challenge but I just keep reminding myself to cut it down to one or two activities a day and I should be ok. If I try to do too much I will hurt myself but if I take it slow then I should not feel any different than when I am at home.

I have two things planned already. First my Aunt and older cousins and I are going to go the World Spa. It is a Korean day spa like the one we have in Seattle, Olympus Spa. I can't wait to experience a new spa! Then on Saturday I will be going to a bluegrass showcase with my stepfather. I am also hoping that we will have a BBQ on Sunday for all my cousins that live in the town I am going to visit. So that's pretty much my whole vacation already planned. I have one day on each end of the trip to rest and as long as I don't fall in the shower again.... I should be good to go.
This weekend has been a wonderful warm spring weekend! I spent yesterday afternoon with Ahmi at the dog beach in north Seattle. Today I read a book with the animals on the porch. Tomorrow it is back to candle making and Dr appointments but for this evening I can relax a little.

No comments: