Monday, September 12, 2011

Paddle Boarding

This weekend I met up with a new friend and we went Paddle Boarding.
It was simply... Amazing!

I loved every moment of it. Even today, I can feel how much of a work out it was. It uses almost every muscle in your body yet is so simple and easy. It was a beautiful day on Lake Union in Seattle and the water felt very refreshing. I am hoping to go paddle boarding one day after work this week. It would be great to get a couple more sessions in before the weather turns. I did decide this weekend that once there is snow in the mountains, I am going to get a couple of cross-country ski lessons. This will be really good for my back in the same way paddle boarding is.

After paddle boarding we had a healthy lunch and just relaxed in the sunshine. I then spent the evening in a small local town that from Seattle you must take a ferry to get too. I had a wonderful little reunion of sorts with old friends. Then Sunday it was sunny and warm again. I went to the farmers market and got a pedicure.

I am exhausted today in the best way possible. I had such a healthy and fun weekend!

No comments: