Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Relaxing into the Summer

Last night I had dinner with an old friend I had not seen in 8 months. It was a wonderful catch up session that ended with tea at a very cozy tea shop in Ballard.

It was very interesting to see her because we work together at a very large corporation so we IM all day long. But actually getting time during a time that works for the both of us is hard. Over the last few months I have been IMing with her saying things like... I am changing... Life is so different...
She would just think... sure sure... and we would move on to different conversation. However, last night as we were sipping on craft cocktails, she said something along the lines of... Wow, you have really changed in such a great way. You kept telling me things were different but I did not really understand what you meant but I can see it now.

It was so great to hear!

It's hard to explain the changes. They are not physical but more of a personality or calmness in life type thing. Hearing her say this has helped me to feel more at peace with all the changes I am going through. All the changes have been for the best and I have worked hard to become this person I am delighted in becoming. It's just strange when you realize that you want to change major parts of who you are, and then you actually make these changes. I have seen a lot of people talk about wanting to change but I never thought I would be one of them. And yet, here I am. Changing and loving every minute of it!

No comments: