Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thank you Berkshire Country!


I had my most successful show this last weekend in the Berkshires!

The Berkshires are home to the Kirpalu Yoga retreat center, Lenox, MA and loads of writers from the past, as well as countless amazing artists from modern times.


I had such a lovely visit to so many small towns. I just drove around on Friday and looked at all the wonderful houses and buildings that I would love to house Odessa's Herbals in. Sunday was my show and I met so many new and wonderful people. I was a little quieter than normal due to a sore throat but it was still amazing to be a part of the sale and see old friends from when I lived in NYC.


I have started to make a list of small towns that I would love to move too in the North East and unless something really big happens, I maybe moving soon! Of course, I always say this and never do because my heart is in the Northwest.


I am now currently in Virginia where my family lives and where I spent half my childhood. It is a very warm fall and I have been totally overdressed. Seattle is colder than the East Coast right now! I am visiting Family members I have not seen in over a year and just enjoying a little relaxation time before I return back to the Holiday season.


Another highlight of my trip so far has been seeing old friends in NYC. I was able to visit two friends that work on Sailboats and live on the water in Long Island. One friend I talk with almost everyday, but the other friend I had not seen or talk with in almost a year. It was so lovely to see Natalie and experience a little of her life. I will be having dinner with her on Monday night before I head back to Hudson.


I will be doing the Ladies Who Launch winter show in Seattle on December 2nd if anybody would like to stock up on candles. I have all new packaging and different pillar sizes to choose from. As well as new candle recipes and colors.


I am so inspired right now to make candles. I miss it more than anything. Next time I go on vacation, I must remember to bring a candle making kit with me! I never thought I could miss something this much, but my days feel empty without being able to make and share my candles with the world.


Look out for Odessa's Herbals coming to stores on the East Coast this summer! I am talking with a few different venues that would love to sell my candles. Wholesale is such a different world and one that I am going to slowly work towards because I still want the energy and passion to remain in my candles while my production volume goes up.


And look out for the new Jennifer Worick candle I am going to make her in honor of her new book!


No comments: