Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Full Moon on Friday

Every month I keep up with the moon cycle. This is due to the fact I live in the Northwest and do not use curtains on my windows. It is always too dark in the winter to use curtains, you lose the precious little light we get. In the summer it is just amazing how much light we do get that I don't want to shut it out. Usually this works well for me. I live on the 2nd floor and face the sound so I don't need to worry about privacy too much.



However, every month close to the full moon I am awoken by this bright light at 1-3 am in the morning. The moon shines right in my window and onto my face. At first I did not enjoy this late night wake up call. But as the months go by, I realize how special this system is. I feel so much more connected to the Seasons, the cycles and the earth / moon relationship. I enjoy feeling like I am being blanketed in the moon light at night.



The moon cycle also affects my evening walks with my dog. Once a month it is like someone turned a spotlight on my walks. Of course, half the month it is very dark and cozy.



I will be outside late into the night on Friday enjoying this full moon.



There is one thing that upsets me. I have been seeing billboards around about a company shinning ads onto the full moon. If this is true I am going to be very upset. I do not want the precious moon to become a billboard. What company thinks they have the right to do something like that?



I will keep you posted.

No comments: