Saturday, August 23, 2008

Trying for a normal day tomorrow

I have made plans for a walk around green lake with my good friend Jennifer and then we are off to a bookstore to look for something new to read to help my brain come back. All the medication I have been on has made my brain feel soft. So soft in fact that I was thinking about getting cable tv. This is bad.... I have not have TV since 2002 and I don't miss it. But lately I have been learning all about these great TV shows like Brothers & Sisters, The Office and 30 Rock. So for now i will fight the TV temptation and get back to making candles and renting DVD's.

This week is my birthday week and the first week I will be in my studio making candles since June. I am really looking forward to getting my routine back with candles, taking care of my health this week and next Sunday is a small family party that I am really looking forward too. I even invited a few friends to meet my family so it should be a good bbq.

So much has changed since my birthday week last year. Jennifer took me out for dinner that night. It was a very quiet and low key birthday year. This year there was a party for me last week and another party this week. This will be a reflection week for me and I am sure I will blog about it. I am going to sit down and go over all the changes that have happened in this year. I want to look at what I have accomplished since last August and where I want to go for the rest of the year. Of course we all know it includes a lot of doctor visits. I am starting Physical Rehabilitation soon and I have a long way to go to get back to where I was just 4 short months ago. But I am ready to give my back and body the attention it needs.

I received notice today about the craft sale I was a part of last Thanksgiving in The Berkshires. I am planning on returning this late fall to the area for another sale. I need to check if that craft show is still happening or I may have another outlet to sell my candles. I will keep everyone updated on my traveling plans and future candle sales.

No comments: