Friday, August 14, 2009

Keep Calm

This is my new theme. I bought this poster a few weeks ago and I have it up at my studio. I love looking at it if I am stressed or just as a reminder that I should keep on being happy! Pressure Press in my new hero. These posters come in wonderful colors and look as good in person as they do in their photographs. I bought the orange one but am thinking about getting a few more in various colors.

Today I attempted to get to my studio which is normally a 15 minute drive but after an hour I gave up. Working in the industrial area I see a lot of trucks. I am ok with trucks but if you add all the people who took a Friday off work, over sized trucks with giant yachts on them and cement trucks, plus all the people going from Lake Washington to the Puget Sound. Well what was once a 15 min drive took well over an hour. So I am back home and taking care of myself in other ways. I am having a cup of tea and cleaning my room. This actually makes me happier than if I was at the studio so it all balances out.

This morning I had coffee with a very dear friend of mine, Jennifer Worick. It has been ages since I last saw her and it was wonderful to catch with her life. She is finishing up a craft book that will have a project that she designed with Odessa's Herbals help. My first shout out in a book! I love it. I will keep everyone posted when the book is published.

I have been planning my road trip route to New York for next month. I have started to stock pile supplies and prepare for making candles in a new place. I will be taking my time to drive out there since I already have a long list of friends I want to visit with between Seattle and New York! I am so excited to open up my East Coast Store and start meeting with new clients.

No comments: