Thursday, August 27, 2009

Feeling the LOVE!

Today is my birthday!

Last year at this time I wrote about how due to my illness I finally had to let go and allow people to help me and throw me a birthday bash. After years of throwing my own party and feeling like I needed to do all the work, I suddenly realized in one of my darkest periods that I needed to allow the love and abundance to come to me. For all the manifesting work I do, sometimes I can be stubborn and insist on doing all the work. But I have realized over the last year that the Universe wants to do more work and wants me to do less work on manifesting and intention work. So I am practicing allowing myself to receive and not be in constant work mode.

Well I am happy to say that this birthday has been one wonderful moment after another. I could not have asked for a better day than today! I have been truly blessed by all the birthday love, phone calls, gifts, flowers and kind words I have experienced today. I woke up this morning at the time of my birth and make an intention for the up coming year. I intend for this next year to be one of the best years of my life.

I spent the morning writing and setting intentions for the up coming year. I went to a very cozy book store / cafe and just allowed myself the time and space to do what ever I wanted with the rest of the day. I had a wonderful tarot reading from my soul sister Rose who is my very good psychic friend. She confirmed all the thoughts and intentions I set this morning without even realizing what I had put on my list. It gave me the warm and fuzzes. I am not resting before dinner with my wonderful aunties and then off to cocktails with two of my best girlfriends from middle school! We have not see each other in over 15 years and yet, out of the blue both ladies contacted me and asked what I was doing this evening. It is a mini reunion and I could not have asked for a better day to see everyone.

One final note, last night I was talking with my father about what my life was like this time last year. I could barely walk and thought I might be permanently disabled. I was either asleep or crying most of the time and I was scared about my future. Deep down all I could think or feel was that I just wanted to get better so I could make candles. This motivated me every moment while I was in rehab and trying to walk again. To see where I am now as compared to last year all I can think is how grateful I am to be alive and healthy. I still have spine issues that are going to be with me for the rest of my life. But I just am grateful for what health I have been able to work on bringing back and I feel better than I have in a long time. I truly believe that one part miracle, one part gratitude and one part hard work has saved my life and allowed me to continue to make my candles and bring joy into this world.

No comments: