Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Beautiful to Me

It's been an intense last few weeks. Not so much because of outside situations but more of an internal situation. I have been given the opportunity to really work and change the way I perceive myself against what is the truth. I know this sounds cryptic and possibly silly. But I have certain things that are blocking me from moving to the next level in my life and until I truly face those issues, I will be stuck in the past.

So right now I am learning to be comfortable with the idea that I am beautiful and perfect just the way I am at this moment. What a hard concept!!!
I simply can not see it. I can't understand how this concept can apply to everyone that I love except for myself. I want to resort back to my old ways of constantly thinking something is wrong with me and pushing myself to fix it, to fix me.

What if I don't need to be fixed? Then what will I spend my time thinking about? I have a great job, a great family, a great group of friends in my life. I make enough money to be able to buy myself whatever I need. I am settled, happy and excited about my future. What part of this situation is not beautiful? I am interesting, smart, constantly learning and challenging myself. I take amazing care of myself. I spend time and effort taking myself to Spas and really trying to love my body. So what is it that makes myself unable to see myself as beautiful?

I have yet to answer this. I am working hard to uncover my block and be able to move through it. I am spending time to assist me to this next level because I know once I reach this place of being beautiful, the world is going to get a whole lot more amazing. I just need to sit with the fact that I am struggling at the moment.

No comments: