Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Year Of Saying Yes

2012 has turned into my year of saying yes. I am saying yes to every invitation I receive. I am saying yes to trying all those activities I have always wanted to do. And I am saying Yes to myself. Yes, it is OK to take care of yourself when you are sick instead of pushing to meet deadlines that are simply not working for you at the moment.

This has been a very fun and exciting start to the new year for me and I am excited about what saying Yes might lead too. I know it will lead to more fun and happiness in my life which was lacking for almost all of my 20's. I have finally hit the age where I don't really care anymore what other people think I should do, or even what the small part of my brain thinks I should do. I want to keep experiencing life and living as much as I can because life is short.

So tonight I am off to see a new friends band. Tomorrow is my book club with a group of ladies that inspire and encourage me in life. This weekend I have a date with my nephew that I am so excited about. And maybe one night I might take myself out for a nice cocktail and a good book. Because I am also saying Yes to myself!

No comments: