Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Back To My Regular Life

After a lovely summer romance, I have made the decision to end it. 
This decision was not made easily as we were friends before dating.  But in the last month or so I became very aware that this relationship was not in alignment with what I want in life.

It's not his fault nor is it my fault.  It just is. 
I am trying to be as level headed as I can be about the situation.  I am lucky that for the first time in my life I have the confidence and strength to walk away before the situation could do any damage to me.  This is something I have been working on for years.  To put my desires and needs before other people. 

I am now adjusting to being single again.  It helps that I was offered a huge promotion starting next year on a new team but under my same director.  This dream job would involve traveling to major entertainment events all over the country and being part of a marketing group that is doing amazing things.  So I have been turning my focus back to my career.  I also applied for and was admitted to an evening program at the largest University in Seattle.  I will be studying Marketing Management with an eye towards continuing my current career.
There are so many positive things happening in my life that I am able to look at this summer relationship as being a huge growth opportunity for me.  I learned a lot about myself, I learned to love myself more than I ever thought I could.  And I learned that I truly desire a real partnership with someone that is an equal.  I want to be with someone that wants to create a life with me and cherishes our time together. 

So I look to the future, to positive changes and towards a wonderful Fall full of cashmere sweaters, hot tea, warm hats and thick tights under my skirts :)

No comments: