Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Calming Down

Things have calmed down a bit since I last updated.   Work is settled for at least another year.  While I ended up deciding not to take the new job, I did negotiate a new job title, a new job scope and a raise.  This was a huge moment for me because I have never felt empowered enough in the office to stand up for myself and state that my work level had increased in terms of amount and quality and that I deserved to make more money.  So my manager and I are in a great place right now and I am happy that I was able to find a solution to my flux that leaves me energized and happy.

In terms of my health I am still working out 5 to 6 days a week.  I have not been this focused about health in a long time and it feels great to be back into a routine.  I am still focused on weight lifting and sculpting my body.  I am starting to see real progress as I move into month 2 of this new love in my life.  The first month my scale did not budge.  I could feel my body changing a bit but just in the last week - wham!  I've dropped 10 pounds, 1 skirt size and my body is changing shape all over.   I am really getting inspired by women weight lifting Blogs and Tumblr photo's.  These images provide me enough motivation to get my tush to the gym.  I will never look perfect but the more I can sculpt my body via weight lifting the better I will look.

School is almost over which is good.  I have not been having a very good time with it this quarter.  I am simply too busy with work.  But it has been very interesting and I have met some great people.  I am looking forward to getting my life back once I am done.  

No comments: