Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Going Strong

I am 5 visits away from Mayorship at my gym on Foursquare! 

That's how often I have been going.  I have not felt this good about myself since high school when I was also weight lifting.  I know it sounds strange to love weight lifting but I truly do.  When I leave work I head straight for the gym.  I know I will be there a minimum of 30 minutes of workout time so it's an easy amount of time to plan for everyday.  Usually I end up there for at least 1.5 hours but I also have my minimum level I require of myself each day. 
When I am not at the gym, I have filled my phone up with tumblr sites for lady weight lifters and healthy positive sites to keep me motivated during the day.  I know I may never look like most of the women posting images of themselves online nor do I want to look like a lot of the women weight lifters but it inspires me that there are other women out there like me that really enjoy lifting weights and seeing how the body responds.

So far I have gone down a dress size and my body looks different.  I am not losing so much weight but gaining muscle and sculpting the body. 

Besides that, not much else is going on.  I am interviewing for other jobs at my company.  I am trying to get out more and meet new people. And I am still in school.  I really look forward to this summer when I will have my life back.

No comments: