Friday, February 07, 2014

Trying to stay present



Today is just one of those days where I want to be present but I simply can’t get my mind to function properly.   I am trying to work but my mind is being distracted by every shiny thing around me.   If I did not have a day job I would be spending time in the sauna, walking in the woods, writing letters to friends and just relaxing.  But I do have a day job so not being able to get anything done is frustrating.  
I have been in this brain fog for a while now.  I think it’s partly because of all the changes I have been dealing with the last six months and partly it stems from the car accident I was in last year, I have just been off.

But my sadness that I felt earlier this week has started to go away and I realized that I need to learn to distinguish between exhaustion and sadness.  Because I am starting to think that exhaustion might translate in my  world as sadness.  

One thing I am excited about is to start a cleanse using a protein drink.  I know it sounds crazy but I have a couple of well-respected people in my world that have used this plan and lost weight.   I want to lean out and lose weight but something in my system is off.  I am hoping this month long plan will help.   I am 6 days in and so far it’s going ok.  I have not stepped on a scale yet so I won’t know the true number but I am more aware of what food I am eating and my cravings for unhealthy food are decreasing.  I am snacking less and focusing on clean meals more.   Fingers crossed that this program will help me because I am slightly frustrated at the moment.   I hit some sort of plateau and it’s annoying.

I am spending tonight hanging out with a new friend and playing video games while snuggling.  This makes me very happy!

No comments: