Saturday, December 03, 2022

a little dirt under my fingernails

 It snowed last night and I woke up to a white morning.  

It was not a ton of snow and should be gone soon.  It made for a fun morning of heating up the greenhouse and prepping new trays for some anemones and ranunculus. Lollie really enjoys the snow so she got to zoom all over.  

I checked on some of my prize dahlias and they are doing great!  I might even have some rare ones for sale this spring. (shhhh.... I'm aleady getting messages) 

I am about to spend three weeks away from the city farm and I think it will be good for me but always scary.  I haven't left my house much since getting diagnosed with cancer.  It's always stressful for me to leave my doctors for very long.  But I am long overdue for an East Coast adventure and I will have Lollie with me which is going to help my anxiety.

So until I leave,  I will be with dirt under my nails as I work in the greenhouse.  I will then clean up and visit with friends and family.  I am keeping my bubble very small this year.  Still living like my life depends on it.

I am ready to send this  year off! 

No comments: