Monday, February 06, 2006

d. School

For the last few years I have been spending all my free time reading and learning about business design. From collaborative work environments, to project development and human research, I have been following international companies and how they handle new innovation.

While researching companies and people that are already doing what I love, I came across the d. school. Every few months I spend a good hour or so reading the website and trying to figure out how I can go to this school. I have never felt so excited about graduate school or career paths until I discovered this new trend in Business Design.

Here is a new class they are offering for the d. School that makes me melt with envy.



We are excited to introduce Experiences in Design Thinking: ME377 a new graduate course on innovation offered by the d.school Winter Quarter 2006.

What: Learn how to be an innovator and design thinker through hands on experience and projects. This is a 2-3 unit course.
When: Winter Quarter, Mondays and Wednesdays 1:15-3:05
Who: Staffed by innovators, guest experts, and wide range of interdisciplinary faculty who will introduce and practice the tools and frameworks required to lead innovation.
Our Topics:
Design Thinking - Human centered, prototype driven, mindful of process
Teams - Radical collaboration
Discovery - Design process
Storytelling - Communication
Trailblazing - Entrepreneurship
Delivery - How to plan and execute

A series of immersive experiences in innovation and design thinking, this course will blur the boundaries between technology, business, and human values. Drawing students and faculty from all areas of the university (business, earth sciences, education, engineering, humanities and sciences, law, and medicine), it is a unique forum for learning that prepares participants for real world innovation and for spring d.school courses on social entrepreneurship, experience prototyping, and business prototyping.

Instead of conventional classroom formats, the class is comprised of hands on exercises and projects, rich in frameworks and methods that support breakthrough thinking. It is uniquely fun and uniquely d.school.

Download the Application for ME377

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yes, you are thinking of the right Standford.
Let's do it!

I am trying to convince Joe to apply at Standford as well but he has his heart set on Alberta.

I just got an informational interview with someone who works at IDEO. I am so excited!