Sunday, May 21, 2006

Books

One great thing about my job is how many books I get for free.
I am getting a lovely collection of books that have just been released and I can proudly announce I have already read.

This weekend I read Julia Cameron's new memoir, Floor Sample. She is the author of the Artist's Way and Vein of Gold. Her new memoir is a roller coaster ride of the life of an intuitive and high sensitive soul. I enjoyed it but it was also a little sad. I began to wonder when will people like Julia or Sonia Choquette or even people like myself be able to have a part of society that we can call our own? Being intuitive does not mean you are crazy or have to have breakdowns. For some of us, it means we are just like everybody else, except we just have extra unusual lives. I love that I am following my dreams, that I am interested in business but I can also give you a very insightful and accurate reading of yourself and your loved ones.

One thing that did really inspire me was her rule of writing three pages a day. This adds up to 90 pages a month which in two to three months can mean a whole book.

I think that I might start working towards this goal. One thing I have always loved in life was writing and reading but the one thing that I am most nervous and shy about is my writing. So I think it is time to address this Shadow part of myself.

No comments: