Monday, May 01, 2006

SINGLES

Does anyone remember the Seattle from that movie Singles?

I grew up in this city and I just remember when I was younger how awesome Seattle was. We had Twin Peaks, Northern Exposure, Singles and grunge. I never thought I wanted to live anywhere else. I wanted to grow up, fall in love and get married in Seattle. I met people from all over the world and they thought Seattle was so amazing. I was almost famous with my friends just because I grew up in Seattle.

Then I left at the start of the Dot.com.

And I did not return for 4 years. When I came back right before the bust I was shocked. Seattle is no longer the city I loved. There are too many people, the housing market is crazy and I must say.... The music scene is no longer warm and fuzzy.

But then every once in awhile Seattle gives me little presents that make me realize how amazing it is. The fact that there is a year round growing season. The fact we have mountains and the Sound. The cherry trees when they are in full bloom.

Sometimes, I remember how much I love this city and I realize that there are pockets of energy still in Seattle that are amazing.

But I have learned from living in other places that I am ready to move on. I am ready to experience a new city. I am ready to fall in love all over again.

No comments: