Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The life of a candle maker

After getting up at 5 am and finishing the first hour long walk of the day, I have four more to go, I am ready to think about the rest of the morning. I did not want to get up at 5 but when I wake up in the morning my back hurts thus causing me to get out of bed, get dressed and wake Ahmi up. After my hour long walk, I can either go back to bed if my back is not hurting too much or I will start my day and this early hour.
It will take me an hour to get ready to leave for my studio. I used to only require twenty minutes or so to get ready for the day but with my new back, it takes me a good hour. Once I am ready I will pack my bag and head to the studio. From here I will take two hour long walks in between making candles and then I will head home.

Yep, it is an exciting life I live!

Ha Ha!

Actually today is turning out to be a great day. Tea lights are on the menu for today at the studio. This means that we can watch whatever we want on the TV so I am planning on a Gilmore Girls marathon. I am sure my assistant Chris, being the dude that he is, will love this marathon. Oh well, it will be good for him! Today is also good because I am in very little pain so far. I was worried since I was on my feet yesterday running around doing errands for almost 12 hours. This is huge for me! The best part?

The hour I spent at Toy's R Us!

Dylan was in need of new toys and I needed to get to the voting office before registration closed. So I decided my nephew needs some new toys. Whoa Nelly! The toy store was amazing. I usually save my shopping for small family owned stores. I like to spend my money knowing I am supporting another small business owner but today I thought I would explore my options. I ended up getting him three toys, all boy related toys. He loves the one I gave him last night. I am going to spread these toys out over a few weeks so that I can keep the boy excited.

So because I am feeling so well, I am going to take it extra slow this morning. Strange logic? I know but it is best to take it slow after such a long day. I am happy that I am in very much pain and it is best to rest to keep this feeling going by taking it easy.

I am also making candles for an upcoming issue of Seattle Meteropolitian Magazine. I am not making intention candles so we can watch TV. When I make my intention candles I give them my full attention. Intention takes attention and that starts from the creation of thought. I will be posting some photos of my new candle molds.

No comments: