Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One step back

This week is turning into a very slow week for me. As I mentioned, my pain has come back a little more than I thought it would. My doctors have you on rest this week so that my nerve can rest. Of course, resting is hard for me. I like to do things and see people but alas I am resting a little more than I have in the past few weeks and it seems to be working.

One thing I have been thinking about is how much love and gratitude I feel towards my back right now. I have had my heart blown open by this injury and I have such a deeper understanding of myself. I also have such a sense of peace about this whole experience. It's like a reawakening in many ways, no more room for drama, sadness or excess (not that I had much of this in my life). This life is too short and fragile to not follow your bliss. I intend to spend everyday happy, healthy and successful!

I just finished Martha Beck's "Steering by Starlight: Finding your Right Life, No Mater What!" This book has been an affirmation for me in so many ways. It is a little more wordy than most books about finding your bliss but I really enjoyed that part. The author is a Harvard educated writer and it shows. I loved her style and the stories she weaves as she talks about the magic that we all experience in life if we are just able to open our eyes. I was so excited by this book I could barely put it down. I did most of the writing and exercises in the book and I plan on rereading it to just let it sink again. It has been a good early year read, definitely setting me up for a wonderful year ahead. But I must also note that in some ways, I am already living the exact life she was talking about. I think about someone, I get an email. I worry about finding the answer to something and suddenly the problem is gone. It is not always this way, but for the most part life is steered by starlight for me and I am happy about that. But my belief is we are always the student and never the master so I am forever reading and learning, changing and adapting in life.

I am working with my good friend Jennifer at a coffee shop by her house. I just dropped off her new love candle and she is so excited! I can't wait to watch her story unfold... That's the best part about my candles.

1 comment:

Jennifer Worick said...

I can't wait to see both of our stories unfold!