Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Turning around

These last few weeks have been very challenging!
My emotions which are usually very calm have been all over the place. I know this is part of my injury recovery process but I call "UNCLE!" I can not handle being this upset because life has changed so much. This summer I could see the positive outcome because I was so ill that I was on drugs as well as just wanting the pain to end. Now I am cranky that I lost a year in my life, a year in the life of my company, I am cranky that my energy level is still really low. I am cranky that I have been unable to travel and that I can barely stay awake past 6 o'clock at night. I am cranky that my once full networking life has almost disappeared and I am cranky that Magnolia is so far away from the rest of the world.

And yet, as I list these words I realize that it is all part of the process and I must embrace that sometimes life takes a different path than I expected. I like to detour in life and this is just one of those times.

It is still hard to accept but I am slowly turning my grumpy mind around. I am happy the days are getting longer and that some day's the sun has been shinning. I am happy that I have an amazing family and circle of friends. I am also very grateful that it feels like when I need something in life to make me think a different way, the universe has a way of making this something show up. Sometimes what causes me to pause and take stock is a book, a few kind words from a friend or a movie among other things. So today I am going to be grateful for my situation and look towards the future. I need a new list of intentions!

No comments: