Friday, July 03, 2009

Change is coming.....

A very exciting opportunity has presented itself to me and I have decided to take the leap!

Last week I was in North Carolina for my family reunion at the beach. This year there was only 77 of us, which is a small number for us. The week consists of swimming, visiting with loved ones and enjoying the heat of the South. I had so much fun and was able to relax which is a must needed feeling. Life has been very busy since my sister announced she was moving in April and I needed to help her prepare for the move. So not only have I been making candles and helping a family take care of their new baby, I have also been helping my sister take care of my nephew while trying to heal from my spine injury. Phew! It has been busy.... I am excited for my sisters move, I will miss her and my nephew but it is also very exciting since she just got a kick ass job at a certain computer company that shares a name with a piece of fruit. Yep, she is a mover and shaker. So a week at the beach was a much needed resting and relaxing vacation after months of working long days and helping many people. While at the beach the universe decided to offer me a new pathway in life.

As many of you know, this last year has been very tough on me. My physical illness kept me bed ridden for much of last year and week by week I have been working to get my normal life back on track. This has been an emotional experience on top of a already mounting amount of life lessons and lately I have just wanted to take a sabbatical from it all. Well last week I was presented with an option that feels so right to me. I am moving back East for a while to finish up my physical rehabilitation while growing my candle company and being closer to many important people in my life.

I am still working on the details but all I can say right now is that I am overjoyed with this new change! I can't wait to get into my car with Ahmi and drive to a new place. I love Seattle with all my heart but I need a serious break. I don't know if it because I associate Seattle with my spine injury and illness or what but it is time for me to leave. My energy has been stagnant here and I am the first to admit it. So right now I am keeping Oddessa's Herbals open in Seattle and will return every other month to complete orders for Glassy Baby but the head quarters of my operation will be located on the Eastern side of this country for the next year. Then.... Who knows what will happen!

I will be in the Northwest for the next two months packing and getting my affairs in order. I will also have my studio until September 1st so if there is anyone that has always wanted to visit but never did... Now is the time! I will be having a couple of candle sales before I leave and will be donating candles to local organizations before I leave. I will keep everyone updated on these events and will announce my departure date when I get closer to the day.

No comments: