Thursday, February 03, 2011

Going for a RAW day

Today has me searching out blogs about people living on Raw Diet lifestyle. I am not looking to hire someone, pay someone or buy anything. What I am looking for is a true account of someone that has decided to go towards the Raw Diet path and the what the journey has looked like. Long gone are the days of blogs being about actual people and what they are up too. Or at least my search engine is not bringing that information up.

If anyone knows a good blog please send it this way!

I have spent the morning looking over green smoothie recipes as well as Raw cashew dip recipes. I can't wait to get home and try it out. I am going to shoot for a raw day tomorrow. I need to stop by my local co-op tonight and pick up things for my lunch tomorrow. I will make things a head of time and bring them in tomorrow so I won't be tempted by the 10 different food stands we have in our cafeteria. I am joining some girl friends for dinner tomorrow night and we have already agreed on a raw dinner so it's just the day time I need to think about. Since I was already doing a raw dinner trying for the whole day seemed like an easy thing to do.

After my Raw meal on Tuesday I felt great all day yesterday. I had a very healthy eating day and even today I can still think about how vibrant and alive the food was. I really noticed a difference yesterday in my body and mind. I have to admit Monday and Tuesday of this week I ate sugar and I did have a bit of a sugar desire yesterday but I just keep replacing the idea of sugar with raw foods. The lesson I did learn this week was eating anything with sugar in it is a slippery slope. I started craving it more than usual and trying to trick myself into eating more of it. So scary how easily those desires start to creep up again.

I will let you know how my raw day goes. This is a big experiment but I am very excited to see how I feel throughout the day. After all the strides I have been making since this fall, what was once a scary idea... Eating healthy, giving up the foods I once loved, exercising everyday.. now does not seem so scary. I can go a day eating only raw foods. I won't feel deprived. I know I will actually end up feeling great.

Not much else is going on in life. I am just really focusing on getting used to working during the day and then motivating myself to work out at night. I have been very good in clearing my life so I can focus on building a healthy routine for myself and my life.
For the first time in three years I will be going shopping for new clothes this weekend. I have lost enough weight that I look like I am swimming in my clothes. I am actually getting very excited about my body. For the first time since I was a teenager, I looked at myself in a full body mirror and I loved what I saw! I can't tell you how amazing this felt. I felt nothing but true love for myself and my body. It was a beautiful moment in time for me. I think about this often because it makes me realize how many times I looked at myself and thought the opposite thing.

2011 is truly all about pleasure!

No comments: