Monday, February 28, 2011

Today is a start

I don't know if it is the new hair cut that is making all my lady friends want to do make overs on me but something has changed. Every woman I know is spending a lot of time putting make on me and dressing me up.
And for the first time ever I am enjoying it!
I am learning so much about bringing the female energy back into my life. I am soaking up all the wisdom I never learned and I truly enjoying the new healthier and what I think is more beautiful me coming out!

Today was a bit of a turn around day. I took extra vitamins. I ate only an energy bar for lunch at work. I came home and had a raw arugula, red pepper and cashew dip salad and now I am about to go running for the first time in almost two weeks!
I know I won't get far but it's a start. 22 days to build a habit and 5 days to kill it. Well I am about to be 21 days closer to this becoming a habit again. I can really feel the difference between what life was like when I was working out everyday and now and I have to admit. I like life a lot more when I was working out all the time. I felt so much better!
Plus, I am hoping this extra dose of vitamins and raw foods will kick this cold out of my system. I do not want to be sick anymore!

Tomorrow I am going out for a ladies night with some of my best girlfriends. I can't wait!
I have my outfit picked out. It is a garnet hill dress and garnet hill sweater with knee high boots. It will be very feminine and I can't wait to try my new make up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Your positive energy is infectious :) I have also been in a slump and finally went for a jog today.
I remember when we first reconnected-- you had the best haircut and cutest outfit--I still remember trying to emulate that outfit. I remember trying to also get my makeup as flawless. You radiated gorgeousness! Maybe you didn't realize in the past you have inspired others, too? :) Even when you aren't all made up you shine-- even if you sometimes felt you do/did not :) Big Hug! Btw there is some really cute stuff in the Garnet Hill catalog that just came out.....I have never ordered from them (been on an Anthropologie kick for some time now) but maybe will finally try! Saskia

Anonymous said...

Also, I really like what you say about learning from female wisdeom, because that is something I have consciously been working on!