Friday, February 04, 2011

RAW Morning

Today I am attempting a totally raw day.

So far so good.

I do miss my morning cup of decaf and my morning earl grey tea. Both include a little sugar and milk. I also forgot my water bottle which is a huge bummer for me because I drink from it all day! I do have a giant cup with me that I drink my morning smoothie out of so I will use that. It just requires getting up from my desk more.

There have been a couple of panic moments this morning when my brain starts to scream at me that I need to eat some type of junk. I don't know if it is the salt, the sugar spike or the fat but there is something that my brain is upset about. If I calmly think about the fact I have loads of veggies, raw flax crackers and really good cashew dip the panic stops. I think it is just because it is something so different that my normal day. This level of panic is nothing compared to if i tried this six months ago. I am already eating so healthy anyways that for the most part this is a smooth transitation. Or it should be. But my stubborn side comes back with cravings for foods I don't even like anymore.

But like the days I had to detox off all the medications for my spine and when I decided to give up sugar for two months, I can do this. I just need to give myself loving thoughts of how much better I will feel tomorrow. Going to a totally raw diet is a long term process and this is just a small first step.

This weekend is so packed with events. Snowshoeing, shopping, super bowl(maybe), dinner with friends tonight. I am so blessed to have all these wonderful events to look forward too.

No comments: