Monday, October 10, 2011

My favorite time of year

I love the Fall!

It's not because of Halloween or Pumpkin beer that makes me giddy this time of year. And I don't normally love the Holidays so that can't be why I love the fall. It's because when the weather turns cooler I can finally pull out my cashmere sweaters and my boots. I can layer my clothing. I can pull out my wonderful scarfs and just look super cute in my knit hat.

This last week or so fall has hit. I am more prepared than ever with some new sweater additions to my wardrobe. For the first time in 10 years I can finally afford to buy new pieces for my wardrobe. With my wonderful new job, I am seriously having to step up my game in my office attire. I now work in the marketing department and it seems to be one of the more formal departments in my company. I love the feeling of looking professional when I come into work everyday. And make up.... For so many years I avoided makeup but I am now having the time of my life playing with makeup. It takes me an additional 5 minutes every morning but is well worth it.

This weekend was not long enough! I am not ready for the work week. Everyone in my office is sick and I have been fighting it for weeks. I feel like I might be losing this fight. I could just use 1 day in my bed resting with nothing to do.

My new extended hours at work have not bothered me until this weekend when I realized that I have too much to do on the weekend to prepare for the work week because I am now working much longer days. Normally I don't mind but this weekend I almost cried. That's when I realized that I must be getting sick. I usually have enough energy plus more. So I will hopefully not get too sick but I am not holding my breath. Someone sounds like they are coughing up a lung a couple of offices over from me as I am writing this.

No comments: