Monday, October 03, 2011

Feeling Great

Three weeks ago I gave up wheat and gluten and I will never look back!

I can't describe how great I feel. My whole body is responding so well to this life change. I no longer feel sick. My back does not hurt. I no longer notice the nerve damage from my spine injury. I can eat and feel full. I can actually enjoy food again. I have energy all day long now. And I just feel at peace all the time.

It's amazing to list all of these changes. I had never realized how food was becoming my enemy. Now that I can look back on the last ten years, I realize how much pain I have been in. I knew 10 years ago that something had gone wrong with my stomach but I never knew what it was. I just knew I was sick, in pain, gaining weight and not happy. Now that I am gluten free and wheat free, I feel the exact opposite!

I have been cooking a lot lately. I am currently obsessed with Quinoa Salads with Goat Cheese. I add a ton of fresh herbs and fresh veggies, use my new dried herb mix for a dressing and then mix it all together. This meal has been my comfort meal as I learn to live without wheat and gluten. This transition has been very easy for me because of all the RAW foods I ate this summer. But I realized that I need to add cooked food back in until I can get to a place of optimal health. Trying to go strictly RAW was stressing me and my body out. Giving up animal products was also making me feel weak and emotionally all over the place. So while I wait for my stomach to recover from the damage done by the what, I decided to just focus on organic, gluten free foods and leave it at that.

It's fall here and that means Cashmere sweater season. This is my favorite time of the year and I am increasing the amount of sweaters and shawls I own. As my body is recovering I am starting to realize that I only want to be comfortable in life so I am clearing away all the clothing I do not like and I am only wearing clothing that feels amazing.

No comments: