Friday, October 14, 2011

This weekend

This weekend I am making a promise to myself to take it easy. I have been pushing myself too hard the last few weeks and I can feel it in my body.

My work hours have been extended and then when I leave the office, it feels like there is so much to do before the day ends. Plus, weekends are now for chores and social events. Social events tend to win this game which means chores then get pushed to the week when I am exhausted after work.

This system is simply not working for me. I need to find a bit more balance before the really busy season hits in the next few weeks.

I also realized this week that I can not eat oats anymore. They are hurting me the same way wheat has been hurting me. So I am backing off oatmeal and everything with oats.
This has helped me to feel better but this week I have been also suffering from a terrible cold so all I want is comfort.... meaning comfort clothing, comfort food and my comfy bed.

Everything else is life is good. Work is good. Life is good. I am still losing weight while not eating gluten and feeling better everyday.

I really hope it starts to snow in the mountains soon. I am getting very excited thinking about taking some cross country ski classes. I love being outside when it snows and can't wait to learn some new form of exercise. Bring it Winter!

No comments: