Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Being on the edge of change

I know this feeling.   I have had it before.   It's familiar yet I can't define it yet.

It's the feeling of being on the edge of a major change but not knowing how this change will manifest.   It's not the most comfortable place to be.   I am uncomfortable with my old life and yet I am not experiencing the new life yet.   I am doing a lot of praying and dreaming.   I am maintaining my current life while waiting.  
What is nice is that I get older, I no longer feel the need to be destructive during this time.  In the old days I would have ended relationships, quit jobs and moved across the country just to stop this feeling but not now.  Now I am challenging myself to live in it.   To go deep inside myself and see what my heart is calling me to do.  And to just experience these feelings but I no longer want to be shut down anymore.

I am starting to receive emails from people interested in joining the book club that I signed up to lead.  This is exciting!  
I am preparing to sign up to become a life coach which is a huge change for me.  And I am still focusing on my health and happiness.  

I had one very successful moments this past weekend.  I attended a party this weekend that was thrown by an old friend from high school.  I have not seen any of these people since the day I graduated from high school.   Many years ago I had my 10 year reunion and I skipped it.  I was not in a place where I felt like I was ready to see my classmates.   There were only 37 of us and we had all been going to school together for years.  I was so disappointed with my life and felt insecure that I shut almost everyone out in my life.
Well this weekend was different.   I am happy with my life.  I am relaxed.  I am confident. 
It was so great to see these people that were so important in my childhood yet they don't even realize it.   It was like going home in so many ways.  

I am not where I want to be in life yet but I am finally stepping into my life in a way where I am happy and proud of everything I have done.   And I want to open myself up more to people.  

I think this is my new goal at the moment.  To open myself up more and connect with people.   This feels very right for me at the moment.

No comments: