Thursday, March 27, 2014

Let Me Just Take A Moment



For the last 12 years I have had one goal,  to work in the marketing and branding world as a manager.  I wanted to own a product and creative that the world would see and I could say that I had a part in creating that.   I started my journey in a small town with big city visions.  I worked hard to network and learn as much as I could about the industry.  I was detoured by my break up, my spine injury and the total destruction of my life that these two events caused.  But I climbed my way back up from nothing and I have kept one dream in focus.  To work in the marketing and business world.   I simplified my life and buckled down.  I focused on the journey to making my dream come true.  I cleaned up my life in all different ways; physically, emotionally and mentally.  
I worked hard and let the excitement of being a cool slacker pass me by.   I went back to school to gain new skills.  I let other people take credit for my work because I knew in the end the truth would be known.   As much as it pained me, I let go of people in my life that were not helping me on my path. 
Over time I realized that my dream was not far off or crazy.  My dream was attainable and with each passing month I was closer and closer to making it my reality.  I had setbacks and painful rejections but I kept moving forward.  I had my 5 year plan and I knew I could make it happen.

Two years into my five year plan, I am exactly where I want to be on my path.    My life is unfolding in a surprising but beautiful way. 
I need to take a moment to slow down, rest and just breathe in where I am.   I need to stop and smell the flowers because this is a beautiful moment for me.   I just created what has been a huge dream of mine.   I am finally at a moment where I feel like I can admit a certain level of success.   I am not used to being successful or being able to admit to the fact that I work hard at my success.  It feels foreign to me. 

So that’s what I am going to do for the next few days or maybe weeks.  I am going to slow down, rest, take care of myself and just sit with the knowledge that I just created something I have been dreaming about for years.  

No comments: