Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Moving on up

This summer marks a new stage in my life.  I will  be moving into my own condo in my favorite neighborhood that is close to my gym!   This is the area of Seattle I spend all my free time.  It’s a small little spot that has so many wonderful restaurants, shops and the best farmer’s market.   There are brick roads and amazing people that make up my little hood.  I am so excited to make this neighborhood my home.
It feels so weird that I will suddenly have my own space again.   And this time I get to decorate it exactly how I want too.  I finally have the financial means to have nice things in my living space.  I loved my house that I had in my 20’s but it was a mix of things I found at the thrift store.   It was not the kind of house I imagined I would live in.  
I now get to spend the summer picking out items for my new space.  I will finally be able to have dinner parties again and to just spend some quality time alone in my own space. 

I am somewhat in shock that I can finally have my own space again.  It’s been a long time since I had space in my life.  I really feel like this is one of my last blocks in life.  I have been living in a strange suspended space since the breakup with my ex.   This is the last piece of the puzzle.   I now have a job that affords me to live exactly how I want.  I will be moving into a brand new building that is beautiful.  I don’t know how long I will stay at this place but for 1 year I will be calling it home.


Work is still a little strange but I am staying steady.  I want to make this a place I can be while I look for something that is a better fit.  I am working hard to just remain calm and neutral.   This job is allowing for my life to change and unfold so while at times it causes me stress, it has also changed my life in many beautiful ways.  

I am also planning on taking some trips to Portland to special order furniture for my new apartment.   I can't wait to move.

No comments: