Sunday, January 04, 2015

Theme for the Year

Yesterday someone that I have know for years, came up to me and said that every year they put a theme to year after hearing me give a talk about how I do this.  

This person has no idea but this may have been the biggest and best compliment I have ever received.  To know that I was able to help someone, that I was able to touch someone deeper than just a fleeting moment.  To know that one of my yearly rituals has actually brought help and Joy to someone else.   

This 2 second moment in our conversation has stunned me.  

It's also slightly funny because for the first time in years, I did not pick a theme.  I did my intentions differently this year.  I have been pushing myself to grow and embrace new ways of doing things.  I am reaching the next level in my personal journey.  So I figured my theme idea was outdated.  I guess I was WRONG.

So my theme this year is to have more moments like these.  More moments where I am able to share my authentic self with people and they help me by showing me that I have been seen and heard.  It's not a simple word for the year but a feeling, a moment in time, an all encompassing connection.  

A TRUE THEME

It's funny how once you slow down in life to listen to the Universe, it does so with such humor and love.  These last few days have been very life changing for me.  I am not sure what shifted in me but somehow I finally made the decision that I have had enough suffering and I needed to change.  And I have been changing.  I wake up rested and grateful.  I spend my day relaxed with a smile on my face. I spend time alone now and yet I am never lonely.   I have no more heartache.  I have no more pain about the past no more confusion about the future.  I feel happy at every moment.   I have been searching for this place for years and I finally found it.   My job now is to stay in this place.  To get back on track when I start to get off track.  To keep moving forward and keep searching because I am only getting started on my path.  


No comments: