Sunday, January 13, 2008

My So Called Life

Sometimes all you need is a surprise package waiting on your door step when you get home at night to realize that the world works in mysterious ways and it deserves a thank you much of the time.

After a lovely dinner on Friday night with friends, I came home to a package from Amazon that had the complete series of my so called life. One of the best shows ever created. I watched an episode, took a walk with Ahmi and just thought about all the questions that I was asking when I was 16 are still very similar to the questions I think about today. What am I going to do with my life, what will love be like when I find it, how to you change parts of yourself and still be the same person?

It was nice to see that some of these areas I am wiser about, some are not as important and some I have the answers too. And it is nice to know that deep down, I will always be that little girl growing up and just trying to do the best she can. Because now I am that woman who is still growing up and doing the best she can and that 16 year old would be so proud of who I have become.

Another fun note from this weekend. I watched the Packers beat the Seahawks to a pulp, which was awesome. but the best part? I watched the game in between two British Soccer games at my favorite British pub with a very dear old friend who has recently come back into my life. He has been my knight in shining armour in many ways. A friend that loves and cares for me dearly and has helped me through a lot of painful times and good times. He is helping me to learn and grow and I am very thankful for our friendship.

No comments: