Monday, February 25, 2008

I might be falling in love with LA

Just what my body needed.

LA has been an amazing treat! Just what my body and soul needed. I have spent the last three days being pampered, eating amazing fresh food, spending quality time with friends (old and new) and just enjoying a new place to explore.
Yesterday my special treat was a trip to the Bodhi Tree book store. This has long been a place I wanted to visit. The books store was OK. Not really a style of place I would want to spend too much time. It was too heavily scented and cramped for my personal style.
But, I did end up meeting two amazing women and talking with them for almost an hour. It was a good example of being in the right place at the right time. I am looking forward to seeing how these women play a part in my life as I move into the future and a new phase of life. These women inspired me to start coming to LA on a regular basis and meeting other like minded woman. The Bodhi Tree has a really good book selection. I don't want to say it is not worth the trip, because actually, it is really worth the trip. I was just hoping for something a little more modern and less old school hippie. What's wrong with creating a place that takes all the knowledge and resources of the Bodhi Tree and placing it into a very clean, calm and nicely designed atmosphere? Maybe there is a place like this in LA that I don't know about? All suggestions are welcomed. I just thought The Bodhi Tree would be a bit more modern and LA. But alas, I did end up buying three books, spending over an hour there and really enjoying my visit.
Next stop was Dr.Tea's tea garden. Now this is exactly the kind of place I wish the bookstore looked like. They have a beautiful back yard patio with fans, trees, a wonderful water fountain and just good energy all around. This was such a lovely setting for my friends and I to really talk and connect. I hope everyone that takes a trip to LA with stop by this shop and just take a few moments to relax into the ritual of being quiet, drinking tea and just enjoy the feeling of being centered.
The M Cafe was another special treat that I was at first a little nervous about but ended up falling in love with. Of course the cafe was a bit small and could have been a little better at creating a calming environment but the food was delicious and it is the first time I have eaten Macrobiotic food and just fallen in love with it. Everything was so fresh and the flavors jumped around in my mouth. I could not finish my meal because fresh food always has a way of filling me up in a very comfortable and happy way. The rest of my trip has surrounded meeting new people, getting to see old friends and reconnecting with them and doing a lot of person journal work. Due to my health, it has been a while since I took the time to journal so this weekend has been a blessing for me in terms of writing and just being kind to my body.

Oh yeah, the Spa day was amazing! I got two body treatments and my skin feels amazing. I feel less toxic and much more relaxed. I can't believe it has taken me so long to realize that spending the time and money on body treatments is a requirement for me to feel good inside and out. I feel more grounded and content with myself, my body and my life. It truly is a sacred gift that I want everyone to try at least once. It will change your thoughts, your patterns and how you view your amazing body. We all should love ourselves more and treat ourselves!

So I return back to the Northwest today with new energy and excitement for what i am doing. I can't wait for the Ladies who Launch event Tuesday night at Glassy Baby! It will be so much fun to see everyone and reconnect with them. Plus, now I can show everyone the new tea light candles and just be amazed that 1 year ago, I had just started my Ladies Who Launch incubator and now, I am returning having started to make my dreams a reality.

No comments: