Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On My Way

A little self care is good.


This Thursday I am flying to LA to visit some old friends and spend the day at the Glen Ivy Spa.

I am so excited to spend a day in the sunshine at their hot springs getting hot stone massages and other treats for myself. After three months of intense sickness and what felt like a total body shut down. This is a much needed vacation for me.


I am also very excited to get reacquainted with some friends from high school. My high school class had 30 kids in it. This by today’s standards is tiny. We had all been going to school for what felt like forever and as much as I may not have liked them in the past, they now feel like family.


I have not been to LA in 18 years so I am pretty giddy about getting to know the city again. Coming from Seattle, LA has always seemed like a super weird world. Think, Earth Girls Are Easy. But from what my friends tell me, it is actually a really great place. I wonder what I will think? I know that my candles will be a big hit there and I am very excited to bring samples down for everyone to try.


I am a little bit sad that I am going to miss the monthly opening of the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, but alas, just another reason for me to visit LA in the future!

No comments: