Thursday, March 19, 2009

Getting Ready


It has been a busy last few days. I stopped taking my nerve blocker medication this week and so far things are returning back to normal. The pain has not returned and I am starting to feel like my old self. My energy level is returning everyday little by little and my brain is starting to clear up. Turns out that you need nerve signals if you want to think, move or I don't know... Do anything besides sleep. I am just so happy to have energy again and feel excited about the future.

I am preparing for my spa weekend and today I have a million things to do! I made this plan over a month ago and now I am a mixed bag of excitement. One the on hand I can't wait to get out of town but on the other hand, I feel like I am still recovering and leaving town might make me exhausted. But I have a friend going with me who can drive a little bit of the way and a spa weekend is supposed to be relaxing right?

Last night my friend Adam took with me to screen the new movie "I Love You, Man". What a hilarious movie! I loved it. It was much funnier than the last few Paul Rudd movies. I laugh all the time in life but rarely at movies. If I laugh at something it has to be really funny and let me tell you what.... I laughed at this movie over 7 times which might be a record. I love to laugh and find life really funny. People that can make me laugh have my heart for life. The other great part of last night was the fact that I was able to sit for two hours. This is the longest stretch of time that I have sat down in almost a year. Today I am just a little sore but nothing compared to what I experienced in the past. So life is returning to normal and I am so grateful for my health, my life and this world.

No comments: