Thursday, March 26, 2009

Books always heal the pain

This week has been a roller coaster.
My road trip was wonderful! I really enjoyed all the time we spent at various spa's over the weekend and I feel healthier than I have in a long time. The first day we spent almost 4 hours sitting in hot salt water pools that were located outside while looking at the mountains. My skin still feels amazing! We ate veggies and hummus and I had an intense fruit drink with cactus and mint. The rest of the weekend stayed on pretty much the same high note with the best part of the weekend being visiting with our high school English teachers that now live in Ellensburg. I love this family so much and in many ways it was like a family reunion. I can't wait to go back and visit with them soon. It's amazing how important people from this era of your life turn out to be in who you develop into. I have so much to thank these two for.

But then I returned home to some news that still has me crying. I am not allowed to talk about it yet but let's just say.... My heart has never hurt this much in my entire life. I spent all day today in a daze of tears, stomach aches, headaches mixed with fear and sadness. Just when I was finally starting to feel better and think that life may return to normal. I know this is just another life test/ lesson but come on..... I feel like I have had enough lessons for awhile!

So in many ways I feel like now I am back to the drawing board in life. I am trying so hard to stay in the present moment because this is where my sadness is in a dosage I can handle but it's still hard. I spent the day in the studio making tea lights for Glassy Baby and just focusing on candle making. Trying to think of nothing else but candle making. And then I went to the bookstore and found two new books that warmed my heart. Both are works of fiction and as soon as I am done I will tell everyone about them. But until then I will be making candles and trying to soothe my heart in books. I hope to find some life lessons amongst the words and stories. We shall see......

No comments: