Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day of Fall

I can not believe it is fall already! For Seattle's first day of fall it is supposed to get as warm as 91 degrees. That does not seem very fall like....

Lately I have been doing a lot of fall cleaning and cleansing, inside and outside. It has been good to shed things in my life that have not been working so well. I finally started to feel the effects today. I am in a much calmer and more peaceful place than I have been in the last few weeks. I am slowing down my mind chatter and getting in touch with my thoughts vs. what others think I should do. It has been a much needed and welcomed change.

I have also been making more intention candles and settling into the art of making intention pillar candles. I even made a new candle that is dedicated to the Goddess Fortuna. I think she deserves an Odessa's Herbals candle. I even learned my first lesson from her while making her a candle. Do not our The Goddess Fortuna a candle in haste. She will cause all the hot wax to leak out and burn your fingers. One must take their time making this candle and it will come out perfectly if you do but working without thought or too quickly and you will be back to square one.

No comments: