Thursday, September 17, 2009

Moving the body

I tend to think of myself as a person that is in touch with herself. Over the last two months I have been having flashes about going to a gym. I was not a member of a gym but everyday this urge was getting stronger and stronger. So finally this week I signed up! Which I am happy about. What is even better is that these last few weeks have been hard on me. My thoughts are up in the air and I am at a cross roads and not sure which way to turn.

Joining the gym and moving my body has been the best gift I could have given myself while I work through this transition. My spine has responded well to this new part of my physical rehab and I feel stronger than ever.

I am preparing for the New York sale while trying to work through some of my stress. It has been a hard time lately. Even I suffer from worry about the economy, job loss and the fact that I have been unable to work for almost two years. But I just keep my level of gratitude up and keep on going to the gym because after an hour of working out while I am sitting in the steam bath I can feel the stress melting off my shoulders. It is hard to worry while taking good personal care of myself. That is now my number one priority!

No comments: