Friday, September 11, 2009

Learning to go at a different pace

For a few weeks recently this lovely animal was living in the park up the street from me. I live in the middle of Seattle but I get giddy over the fact that an animal like this cougar could make it's way to my local park. I am grateful he did not find his way to my animals but I do miss having him in the neighborhood. It was fun to hear of cougar sightings around my hood and it is still unbelievable that some thing this wild would be only two blocks away.

My major lesson this week has revolved around learning to go at Divine pace. I am an impatient person and this has been good in some ways in my past but now it is getting in my way. I need to learn to slow down and let go. Not an easy task for me but I am trying to slow down. This is a different lesson from last year where I needed to learn balance in my life after my illness brought me down. Now I need to learn to go with the flow and not expect miracles in a wink of an eye.

Sometimes the best things in life take time and lessons to manifest. I keep reminding myself this. I live one day at a time but then expect things to happen really fast. There is some middle ground between living one day at a time and looking at time on a larger basis. I just don't know how to see it this way yet.

I am beginning to prepare for the holiday show on the East Coast. It has been a little slow to start since the warm weather in Seattle has caused my candle making process to take about four times longer than in the winter times. I am trying to enjoy the sun but really I am looking forward to cold weather and peaceful candle making.

I made a new candle this week to help a client rekindle the romance in her long term marriage. I can't wait to hear (some) of the details on how it works. I admire that after so many years she still has romance in her marriage as well as partnership.

No comments: