Tuesday, April 05, 2011

What I am dreaming about

I dream of the 105 Degrees Raw culinary school. I look at their website every day. I read blogs written by people that have attended this school and I think about how every day I know I am getting closer to attending this school! One of the first Raw books I read was written by Matthew Kenney , Entertaining in the Raw. It is a beautiful book that is very daunting to a newbie like me. But I loved the idea of what I could do with Raw foods once I learned more about how to make the food. I loved how in contrast to the hippie Raw restaurants here in the Northwest. This food was beautiful and elegant looking. And the combinations of foods made my mouth water. So simple yet so wonderful sounding. At that time I had no idea he had opened a culinary school and that I would be just a few months later longing to go there.

So besides dreaming of going to this school and being obsessed with RAW blogs, I am also busy at work in the kitchen.

I have not said much about my new job that I started in January but it is for a very large and very famous video game company. I love my job, I love the world of video games and I love my workmates…

But what I love more than any of that is being in the kitchen making RAW food. I love walking in the fruits and veggies aisle at my local CO-OP or farmer’s market and coming up with new ideas. So last night I made a Cherry Kiwi RAW pudding. I also made a glorious salad for lunch today. I also came up with a new smoothie for my breakfast, Cherry Mango Almond Milk.

I seem to be really into Cherries and Radishes right now. Nothing sounds better to me than some fresh Radishes, some blended up frozen Cherries and a lovely arugula and watercress salad! I started my spring garden this weekend. I have micro greens growing right now which if I can resist myself from eating them, will turn into wonderful Heirloom radishes. I planted heirloom carrots and 6 kinds of radishes. What did I tell you about craving radishes! It’s an intense desire. I picked three spots in my yard where I will grow fresh herbs, tomatoes, beans, zucchini and other things. I can’t wait for the first harvest! I will try to post some photos soon of all this gardening. I am so inspired by the RAW community that I can’t wait to share the love. I am even thinking about attending the Vegan Blogger convention happening in Portland this summer. What a whole new life I am cultivating!

No comments: