Monday, May 16, 2011

Returning to the RAW

Last week all the little stresses in life seem to wrap up within 24 hours to allow for me to return to life. Some parts of this completion were easy, some parts were hard but I managed to make it through the week and then collapse on the weekend.

I took this weekend off from life. I slept 12 hours on Friday night. I slept 10 hours on Saturday night. I stayed close to home and I did not see anybody. I just needed a weekend to decompress, clean my house and prepare to return to the RAW lifestyle. I was so mentally and physically exhausted I felt like a shell of myself all weekend.

Today I am in a very neutral place. I am happy because I spent the time yesterday to prepare an amazing day of RAW foods. I am going to really push for a RAW work week this week. I need to get back to that place of health. I felt amazing just a month ago when I was RAW 5 days out of the week. I also need to return to moving my body and taking better care of myself. I long for the feeling of getting smaller, waking up with an amazing amount of energy and the overall happiness that I felt all day long.

My job is ending in 6 weeks and I have a couple of things in the works. I am not stressed out or fearful of this transition. I am excited because I know the next thing is right around the corner. And until I know what path I should take I am happy to come into the office and do the work that has brought me joy over the last six months.

I did get a chance this weekend to visit the Vegan RAW cafe on Vashon, Pure. It was a wonderful sunny day and I just needed an Island adventure all alone to soothe my tired soul. After spending a couple of hours in the woods with Ahmi I stopped by Pure for a veggie juice. It was wonderful to see a Vegan cafe packed full of people. I wished I could have tried the RAW arugula Pizza but at that point all I craved was some veggie juice. I look forward to coming back to this cute cafe and trying more off their wonderful menu. It also inspired me to really think about 105degrees again.....

I am going to work on a vision map this week for myself that includes 105degrees. It's time to get serious about making this dream a reality!

*side note, 105degrees has changed it's name into Matthew Kenney Academy. He is the founder and visionary behind the school. I will need to remember this for future postings.

No comments: