Wednesday, November 16, 2011

First review was a success

Last week marked my first review at my job. I can now tell everyone that I passed with flying colors!

It was almost a huge love fest. This is the first time in my life where I feel successful in a corporate setting. I am part of an amazing marketing team putting out fun products that are extremely successful. I am able to work with partners internally and externally and I then I get to create communication pieces that over 15 million people world wide read. It's pretty incredible when I think of it like that. This is the job I have always dreamed about. This is the job I have worked hard to get and this is the job I want to stay in for a while.

I was extremely happy to hear all the positive feedback from my manager and coworkers. I finally feel settled and happy with my career.
Plus this job allows me to dream again in life. My desire to travel is finally starting to manifest as I am making a good wage now. I can start to save to buy a new car. I can take really good care of myself now. And I can let a lot of the stress over the last ten years fade away.

It's amazing what taking care of yourself and putting your health first can do in terms of changing your life. I am grateful for the hard times because I would never have been able to be this genuinely happy without knowing real pain.

No comments: