Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Dream Big

This morning I woke up realizing that it has been a long time since I was able to dream in life. 
After many hard years in my 20's where I basically gave up thinking that anything good would happen or would change my situation, I stopped dreaming.  It does make me slightly sad to think that my 20's were wasted or shall I say lost by the choices I made.  But I have also come to a real place of peace about this.  I made bad choices and I learned a lot of lessons.  Lessons that have allowed me to get to exactly this point where life is once again beautiful and where I can dream Big.

I am settled into a great job.  I am signed up for night school for the fall.  I am making enough money to live and take care of my family while paying my bills easily.  And I now have enough stability and security to start thinking about what I want to try in life.  What kind of things would I like to do with my free time.   What would this bucket list look like?

This morning I am looking at the Raw school in Oklahoma and still thinking I would love to take a month off to do the 1st level classes.  I am also counting the days down to start paddle boarding again.  I am seriously thinking about the juice cleanse Spa in California that I would like to spend a week at this winter.  And of course.... I am thinking about all the traveling I want to do.

But these thoughts are more than just dreams because these thoughts are becoming reality with each passing day.  I am saving money to try these things.  I am planning my future to increase my income so I can do all of the above plus so much more.  I am practicing my RAW foods skills every night while making my juice.  I am letting my family know I will not be around for a Thanksgiving soon while I go to Cali to spend a week at the juicing Spa.  I am talking to all my friends about paddle boarding dates.  And I am gaining the courage to come out of my shell and start to LIVE like I have always wanted to live.  Working hard, being healthy, having good friends and family around while dreaming BIG.

A happy life for me is the perfect combination of working at a job I love, having the time and resources to do things I enjoy when I am not working and being able to live life with ease while remaining healthy physically and emotionally.    


No comments: