Friday, March 24, 2006

I am crying as I write this

Well not really but I got so excited about a pair of Camper boots that I put faith into them. Only to realize that all my years of weightlifting and biking around Wisconsin have left my calf muscles too big for the boots.

I have a business conference this week in Portland and I was so excited to be hanging out in my new boots that were more than half off the retail price. Oh.... Why can't companies make shoes and clothes for people a little bigger than a bean pole?

Besides that not much else is going on. I got some business cards made, I got a couple of new outfits for my conference and I went to an excellent lecture on product development and branding last night. It was given by Jody Turner who is President of Culture of Future an international company. It was a very interesting mix of design ideas from all over the world with a dash of optimism for the corporate future and agenda. There was a Q&A at the end of the lecture and it was the first time in my life that I knew so much about the subjects that I wanted to answer the questions.

Hopefully next week in Portland I will have three days of the same thing I experienced last night. I am very interested to see where this conference takes me.

1 comment:

Vera said...

Can we see the business card?