Monday, March 06, 2006

A long lost friend

Ok, so I have a little time to spare since I am on vacation this week.

So here is the link to my first blog.

The Diary Of Helen Wheels

I first started to blog in 2000. I read a New Yorker article about it and thought I would give it a go. It was wonderful! I loved writing and knowing that there were people in the web world that would read what I had written. I was the first of my friends to blog. Everyone thought it was a nutty thing to do but I knew better than that.

So I have taken a couple of years off from blogging. I started other blogs but never found the energy to continue. I think for awhile I lost my voice. Rereading Helen Wheels I am impressed with my writing. I just remember how lost and alone I felt in the Midwest and how writing in my blog made me feel alive and in touch with myself.

So I hope I can bring back a side of Helen Wheels for this blog. Helen Wheels was my secret side. She was the woman that dreamed big and could speak her mind. She was also very thoughtful and could express herself and not be scared.

I have a feeling after this posting this blog may get a little more personal.

It is true, as I have gotten older I do not feel such pain. That maybe because I am in a relationship my search is not as exciting but to be honest. I am now searching to grow up. I am searching to start my own business and to find work that I love. I am still searching for community, a house to buy and a place where I can be surrounded by loved ones.

I still have Helen Wheels in me, she has just grown up a bit. Gone on her wild days. In place is a greater sense of self worth and a brain truly worth it's weight in gold!

No comments: