Monday, March 06, 2006

A meatless lifestyle

Today I am starting a new month long vegetarian diet. Right around when I started this blog I also began to realize that my body wanted to stop eating meat. I am making this diet a month long because I do not want to feel like I can never have organic meat again. I just want to slowly move into this lifestyle. However, I am going on vacation this weekend to a crab feed so Seafood will be ok for awhile.

I have two cats and a dog. I love these animals more than I ever knew I could love a non-speaking mammal. These animals may not use words but I always know what they want. And they are smart, really smart. I then began to realize that all the cows I have ever met were very sweet and gentle. And chickens? Well I have never been won over by a chicken but I also get very grossed out when I drive by a chicken truck on it's way to a slaughter house. And last but not least, pigs. I like pigs, they are smart and make funny noises. Dirty, yes! But sometimes on a hot day the thought of rolling around in mud sounds good to me.

So, needless to say, the little voice in my head has been gently guiding me towards wanting to live a more organic and healthy lifestyle. The guidance has been very kind and soft with me. Reminding me over and over again that I love animals, I love the earth and I want to start taking care of animals and the earth, instead of eating tainted meat and non-organic fruits and veggies which will hurt you over the years.

Today is my first day on this adventure. As I prepare to say goodbye to my two best friends as they are moving to Sweden, I have set up a dinner date for us at the wonderful Vegan restaurant Bamboo Gardens. This is our celebration, goodbye and I can not wait to visit you next year dinner.
And it is a gentle start to a new lifestyle for me.

No comments: