Monday, December 03, 2007

A vision of the future

This morning I was up early to work. It was snowing such large flakes that the everything was white in record time. I sat in my kitchen, which is my new studio until I can get my leg in better shape, and I made candles. the whole time I had Rick Bass and Montana on my mind. It was so peaceful and meditative. I looked out the windows and watched the snow fall, as I prepared my delivery to Glassy Baby. I thought about what I would like to create for myself in the next few years, a home in the country, a successful company, a larger studio that is either in my home or right next to it. And peaceful Sunday mornings where I work quietly, watch nature and drink a good cup of coffee.

I start my new job today. So for the next month, I will be all work and no fun. Or at least it may appear that way. For me, candle making is my love and fun. I don't mind spending every moment working on candles. I am just so thankful to have had such a wonderful year.

No comments: